Thursday 9 August 2012

Ashridge Cider - the photos

At last, the belated photos!

Our guest judge at this years Bath & West Show was Monsieur Raymond Blanc who has the massive job of deciding the best ciders in one of the largest categories. (As the shows gets bigger, this gets more difficult so well done sir) and he decided that the Ashridge Vintage Sparkling Brut was his favourite and chose to crown it Supreme Champion Cider and awarded it the Worshipful Company of Fruiterers Perpetual Cup of the show.

I had the honour of judging the international classes this year along with Andrew Lea and Martin Thatcher. Somehow its an appropriate section for me to be judging given my current travels for cider and I feel safe under the expert tutelage of vastly more experienced judges, particularly in this tricky category where completely different styles have to compete against each other somehow...

I haven't tried the Devon Blush or the Sparkling Vintage Brut (yet!) but I shall and I'm very much looking forward to it.


Delicious


Ray's fav


L-R: Andrew Lea (awe inspiring cider expert) & Bill Bradshaw (general buffoon)

Supreme Champion Cider cup

Monsieur Raymond Blanc (honhehon)

"..the best cider I've tasted in a long time, made in Devon, called Ashridge Sparkling Cider."


No comments:

Post a Comment